02 May Fleet & Facility Manager
Sallee Horse Vans
We Move Your Future
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and assign daily workload to each mechanic and trailer shop personnel.
- Supervise the preparing of work orders for each job in progress and completed.
- Maintain maintenance records for all vehicles and trailers in accordance with DOT standards.
- Manage and train all shop personnel.
- Develop and implement systems, processes, and procedures for team to most effectively build and repair equipment.
- Provide fleet and facility projections, forecasts, and other analysis as necessary.
- Coordinate daily with dispatch on equipment needing maintenance.
- Coordinate with appropriate Dispatch and Management on breakdowns as necessary.
- Coordinate with Leasing company on scheduling maintenance, and addressing any problems with equipment.
- Supervise Inventory of all parts in Shop.
- Work with vendors on cost effective, safe solutions for equipment.
- R & D – Constantly look at new products for durability, safety, fuel efficiency, and decreased work related injuries.
- Manage facility projects with cost, durability, and aesthetics in mind.
- Develop and implement long range facility maintenance plan.
- Develop and implement long range fleet (truck and trailer) plan.
- Proof spec sheets to build trucks/trailers per Management team’s intention.
- Look at processes that could be refined for efficiency.
- Manage shop with OSHA and DOT compliance.
- Supervise trailer manufacturing to maximize quality, efficiency, durability, and safety while Minimizing waste and cost.
- Supervise a team of 10-15 people in the Maintenance Shop department.
- 5 years of DOT/Maintenance experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Shop and People Management.
- Manufacturing background preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college.
Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Windows Environment to include Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Shop Maintenance and Inventory Software